Monday, 27 February 2012

Rainy Days And Mondays

 Hello again

It's Monday again and it's raining, it reminds me of a song called Rainy Days and Mondays, I think it was by the Carpenters and she is singing about rainy days and Mondays getting her down.   I can sympathise, although most cats days are very much the same as they have no work or school but I am very busy writing my blog and book. 

Do you know cats like music, and I like all kinds of music apart from heavy metal music that's a little bit loud for me, I like to chill out and be a "cool cat." 

 I like to read newspapers like the Daily Tail and the Purry Express, a cat has got to know what's going on in the world.  I am a bit fussy which newspaper I read I like to stay away from tabloids most of the time, but it is interesting to read some of the gossip. Scratchy on the other hand will read anything.  I caught him recently with a copy of Play cat magazine, well I suppose he is an adult and can "read" what he likes. 

Scratchy by the way has been exceptionally grumpy this week I don't know what's up with him lately I have a sneaky suspicion he has a crush on a female cat called Tabby, she doesn't like him. I have been spending a lot of time with her lately, she claims she is related to Scratchy and I.  I suppose with my mother and her reputation of producing a lot of offspring, she could be right.


Scratchy when he's happy.
My humans have not been to happy with me lately as I have been spending a lot of time away from home, with Tabby.  I have just been coming home for food and then straight out again.  They think I have got mixed up with the catnip crowd, but Tabby and I have nothing to do with them.  It is quite exciting to go mouse hunting with a cat that is not part of my family.

 I don't think I will ever be one of the catnip crowd. I can take it or leave it, tried the stuff a couple of times it had no effect on me at all.  I do hear some cats love it and if it's eaten it acts as a sedative.  Maybe I should get Scratchy to try eating some it may calm him down and make hi less grumpy.

I said I would tell you a little more about our book The Little Book Of Cats.  It is having it final proof readings at the moment, and it should be for sale on Blurb.com in a couple of weeks.


Our Book
As you can see it has the same picture of Scratchy on the front cover and of course me!   It is not just about us, it has 40 pages with  cat history, pictures, illustrations and original and traditional verse.  We are hoping to also have it on sale with Amazon. 

That's enough of the sales pitch.

I am now on Facebook and Twitter as PatchyMeow, so feel free to say hi to me if you are on these sites, and you can have a look at my page on Squidoo.

Sooty has had a bad stomach for a couple of days, I think he has eaten a lizard. Do you know that lizards can carry salmonella bacteria on their skin ?  A friend of mine told me that recently, I think I  will be staying away from lizards from now on.  I much prefer to chase mice anyway.

Bye for now