Friday, 23 March 2012

My Book Of Cats

Welcome blog readers.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, I would like to introduce myself.  I am Patchy Meow, I am a very talkative cat and I like to write about my life and that of my cat siblings.

In my last post I was talking about the strange habits of my brother Sooty.  He has a habit of sitting in the most unusual places.  He still likes to sit in the cat litter box, but now he has started to sit on my female human's ironing board ! When she has finished ironing he just jumps up on it, and just sits there staring down at we cats.
Methinks he  has delusions of grandeur. He has also a liking for sitting on the kitchen pedal bin.
Sooty on the ironing board

Sooty on the bin




The Little Book Of Cats

Finally my book is for sale on Blurb.com.  I have ordered a copy for myself and I can't wait until it arrives, and I can see everything in print. If you would like to preview the book just click on the widget below or you can click on the little book badge on the top left side of the home page.

I have tried to keep the price as low as I can (colour book are more expensive than black and white) It retails at €7.95(inc tax) + postage.


So what else has been happening, ah, yes the scratching posts. We have had a couple of scratching posts in our garden for a few months now.They are just two long pieces of wood that are leaned against the palm tree in our garden. We all love using them, and try to scratch our way to the top, Blackie is getting quite good at that.
The scratching posts

It is a good idea to have some sort of scratching post for your cat, it stops them scratching the furniture and carpets. There's plenty of cat furniture you can buy for indoor cats, it provides them with exercise.

Blackie and Gingy have been very naughty this week, they have brought some half chewed lizards into the house again.  I keep telling them not to do it, but will they listen !

Scratchy has been keeping a low profile of late, but he still continues to be in a grumpy mood.  I have given up trying to cheer him up.

Do you know that cats like being massaged, we love it, it's even better than having our tummies tickled.  OK it's not like when you humans have a massage and you lie on a table and have nice smelling oils rubbed into you. Just a light rub with the finger tips around the ears, neck, back and tummy.  It makes me feel really nice and sleepy.

I wouldn't try this with a grumpy, bad tempered cat (like Scratchy) you may end up getting scratched.

 

Have a look at this video from you tube it is Soooooo Cute and funny.

OK who wants to see a cute kitten picture !!!!!!


Public domain image - courtesy of Reusable Art.com






All together now Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

I will finish now and say goodbye until the next time, got to fly!!!!


Patchy Meow

Create your badge