Monday, 28 January 2013

First Anniversary

Do you know what day it was yesterday? Yes I hear you say it was Sunday 27th January 2013, what is so special about that?  I will tell you; it is my blog - The Five Cats Chronicles' first anniversary, yes it all started here one year ago yesterday.


Celebrating our 1st Anniversary - We cats can't taste anything sweet so only a little piece of cake for us.

Anniversary Plate by Jon Luty


What a year it has been; we have had sadness: Scratchy passing away, Gingy losing an eye, but we have had many joys too, joining Twitter and Facebook and becoming a member of the #WLF on Twitter, and making some very good friends there, some of my highlights of the year.  The joys of our missing kitties returning (more on that one later) and many celebrations. I would like to thank to all of you dear readers for reading my blog, I had my doubters, Sooty said I would be lucky to get more than two people reading my blog. Ha Ha Sooty how wrong you were, I have had many readers of The Five Cats Chronicles from all over the world.  I personally would like to thank each and every one of you, and you know who you are.

And here are some lovely roses just for you:


Rose image courtesy of Pixabay.com



Now more about missing kitties, I am ashamed to admit it that I too was a missing kitty last week.  No one saw me from Saturday evening and I still had made no appearance by Thursday morning.  My humans by now were very concerned about my whereabouts, they had a search for me and shouted for me but I did not appear.  Mum decided action needed to be taken and took to the streets on her bicycle.  This act brought tears to my eyes, tears of laughter that is, and tears to her eyes most probably too as she had not been on her bicycle for a long time.  Whilst on this bicycle search she came across a man whose house is on the other side of a field near our house, she asked had he seen a cat fitting my description.  He had indeed and told her that I had been seen in a house not too far away from where he lived.  The lady of the house had been feeding me, so I decided I didn't need to come home.  After learning of this nugget of information she set off again on her bike and shouted my name on the way home.

When Mum arrived home I decided to make an appearance, and was she pleased to see me, such a fuss she made.   It wasn't as if I had run away, indeed no I was saving her the bother of feeding me. She has now threatened to ground me if I do not come home at least once a day.  Sooty quite frankly was not pleased to see me, as a told you in my previous post, he and I are not on good terms at the moment.  Gingy and Blackie were quite indifferent, as they usually are anyway.

I would like to send this message to my human mum, "See the sign below." use it please.




Please can I have a drum roll......... thank you, I would like to announce that yet again I have received another blog award, The REALITY award.  Thanks to Nerissa once again, thank you so much Nissy (the check is in the post) only joking!!!


In accepting this award I have to thank the blogger who gave it to me (see above) and leave a link to their blog : Nerissa's Life do go a have a look at Nerissa's blog it is brilliant.  I also have to answer five questions:

1. If you could change one thing, what would you change?

I would like make tougher sentencing for those committing acts of animal cruelty.

2. If you could repeat an age, what would that be?

I would love to be 5 months old again, that was when my humans decided they wanted to keep us, and of course my brofur Scratchy was still alive and not grumpy.

3.  What is the one thing that really scares you?

This one is easy, loud noises really scare me, if you have seen my YouTube video Scaredy Cat you will see : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76fcP4dya0I

4. What is the one dream you have not completed and do you think you will be able to complete it.

I would love to write a best selling book, I think I could complete it, but that would be up to the humans; if they wanted to buy my book.

5.  If you could be someone else for the day, who would you be?

I would love to be a queen maybe even Queen Elizabeth II, we cats think we are very regal anyway.  Yes I would love to spend a day in grandeur, I have servants at home (the humans) but this would be on a much bigger scale.

I now have to nominate up to 20 blogs for this award:

Kat Gagliano - Bengal Cat Domination

Charlie Felis Catus - Cat Evolution (Charlie also has another blog, will find the link asap)


And I intend to nominate some more blogs in my next post, watch this space.....

Don't forget you can subscribe to our blog on Amazon's Kindle.