Friday, 17 May 2013

Bling, Bling

Hello readers, I can not believe that we are halfway through May already.  Again I must apologise for the lack of posts recently.  There has been a lot going on in our lives of late, and there could well be a big move on the way; I do not know when that will happen but I have heard the humans talking about it.  They think we cat don't understand what they are saying ha, ha more fool them.

It was my 3rd Birthday on Monday but it wasn't quite the same without my brother Scratchy. It was also Scratchy's second anniversary on Tuesday, so it was a bittersweet couple of days for me and my human family.  They set up a candle group on Gratefulness.org if you would like to light a candle for Scratchy (Scrat is the group name) it would be it very much appreciated. : http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Scrat
Scratchy
We have had some very mixed Spring weather so far these past few weeks, a heatwave followed by a week of rain and thunderstorms.  Believe it or not we cats here all love going out in the rain, we love to dip our paws in the rainwater; so much for cats not like to get wet.  Sooty is the worst one of us all, he loves going out and getting wet and then coming in an shaking himself and letting the water spray everywhere.  The humans are not too please though.

I would also like to wish my pal Nerissa a speedy recovery, he had an accident the other week and torn a ligament in one of his legs.  He underwent surgery and the ligament has been replaced with an artificial one, so  he is now a bionic cat MOL. 

Nerissa


Here's a bunch of roses for you Nissy, get well soon.



Now I suppose you are wondering why I have called this blog post Bling, Bling? You're not!!! Oh well I am going to tell you anyway!   I have received 3 awards recently, the Liebster Award, bestowed upon me by my friend Nerissa from Nerissa's Life and from two from my Twitter friend Colonel Pillster @PillsterCat, the Inspiring Blog Award and a new award called; Purrime Ministerette of Planet Purth Award (Try saying that with a mouth full of mouse kebab) So I am very happy, I love receiving awards; or bling, as we in the cat community call it. 

In order for me to accept these illustrious awards I have to meet certain conditions, so this week I shall attempt to meet the condition of the Liebster Award and next week I shall talk about the awards from Colonel Pillster.  

Thank you once again to Nerissa from Nerissa's Life for bestowing me with this award., please do go and take a look at his multi award winning blog.: http://www.nerissaslife.com it is very entertaining and an excellent read.



So here you have the Liebster Award, and very nice it is too.  So in order to accept this award here are the things I must do:

  • Answer eleven questions posed by the blogger who nominated me.
  • Post eleven random facts about myself.
  • Nominate eleven blogs that have fewer than two hundred followers.
  • Pose eleven question for my nominees.
OK so lets get to work:




These are the eleven question posed by Nerissa:
  1. What is your favourite flower?  Now this is a hard one because I am not really sure if I like flowers that much, although I do like sniffing them. How about the flowers on a catnip plant!
  2. What is the most recent book you read?  I think it was my book; The Little Book of Cats.
  3. What is your favourite genre?  I had to think about this one; if it's music I quite like 80's stuff and literature; I would say classic novels and humorous book, I love a good belly laugh. 
  4. What is your favourite season? I would have to say Spring.
  5. What is your favourite smell? In one word Food!
  6. Would you rather sit under a tree or climb it? Climb it.
  7. What is your favourite television show?  Harry Hill's TV Burps (Shame they are not making any more)
  8. Do you have siblings, and if so, how many? I had one sister she ran away when we were eight months old and one brother now OTRB. I have 2 adopted sisfurs and one adopted brofur.
  9. What colour is your fur, or hair? I am white with patches of grey. 
Now for the eleven random facts about myself.
  1. I was named Patchy because my humans didn't know if I was male or female; and because of the colour of my fur.
  2. I don't really like catnip that much.
  3. I am a big scaredy cat.
  4. I love hiding in grass.
  5. I was born feral.
  6. I will eat nearly anything and everything.
  7. I don't play with my toy mice, I prefer the real thing.
  8. I love sleeping (don't we all)
  9. I love to annoy the humans by jumping on the kitchen worktops at breakfast and dinner time.
  10. I never found out what happened to my sisfur Dory.
Now for the nominees:

Tabby Cat Club
Pepismartdog
Abby Dawg Blog
Three Aussie Cats
Bengal Cat Domination
Felix and Jasper Blogalot

OK I haven't quite reach eleven nominees yet but I have a few more blogs in mind, so I shall be updating my nominee list as soon as I can.

And now for the eleven questions that my nominees have to answer:


  1. If you could be any person in the world who would you be?
  2. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
  3. If you were a character in a fiction book, who would you be?
  4. Do you eat to live or live to eat?
  5. Do you prefer blonds or brunettes (this also applies to anipals)
  6. If you could travel to any country in the world, where would you chose to go?
  7. What would you do if you won one million dollars?
  8. If you had a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
  9. Who is your favourite writer?
  10. What colour are your eyes?
  11. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?